Plaza Athenee NYC Voted World’s Best Spa
Elle | October, 2013
American Leisure’s Valmont at the Plaza Athenee Spa was featured in the October issue of ELLE (circulation: 1,135,737) in an “Elle-Approved Getaway” story as one of the world’s best spas!
Hotel Plaza Athenee New York City Take a breather from shopping Madison Avenue at the V35 Club, the only stateside getaway to offer luxe treatments from Swiss Alps-based Valmont. TOP TREATMENT: Gotham grime begone. Combine the cellulite-nixing Peaks of slimness treatment with the Precieux L’Elixir des Glaciers facial to feel like a vacationer at a salubrious ski lodge.
American Leisure’s Moroccan Hamman at the Setai Featured in Daily Candy
DailyCandy | October 2, 2013
On any given day, we’d rather be in Morocco. But instead of bemoaning a lack of time/money/adventurous friends, we book an appointment with Manny Ramirez at The Setai spa in downtown Manhattan. As treatment director, Ramirez conceptualized a 90-minute luxurious body detox based on what you’d experience in a traditional hammam, or Turkish bath. And trust us: It transports both body and mind.
If Marrakesh - or NYC - still seems a world away, take these tips for re-creating the retreat in your own bathroom.
Amanda Wells Gives Spa Tips on PopSugar Beauty
Bella Sugar | October 10, 2013
Nothing is more indulgent, relaxing, and restoring than a trip to the spa. Whether it’s your first time or you’re a spa regular, we asked Amanda Wells, the spa director at The Setai Spa Wall Street, to give us tips to making the most of your spa experience. Learn when to eat before and after, how to prolong your state of bliss, and more when you read on.
Before: Eat an hour before: “When it comes to eating, you don’t want to be extremely full, otherwise being on your stomach would just be uncomfortable,” Wells explains. “It’s OK to snack lightly right before your massage, and eating a light meal 60 to 90 minutes before your service is ideal.”
Arrive early: “We recommend arriving at least 15 minutes early in order to change into a robe and slippers,” Wells says. “But we encourage our guests to arrive 30 to 45 minutes early to use the jacuzzi, sauna, and aromatherapy steam amenities.” Be sure to ask what amenities are available at your local spa.
Use the heat amenities: “Using the heat…
American Leisure’s Valmont Spa at the Plaza Athenee NY Featured in Luxury Travel Review
Luxury Travel Review | September 23rd, 2013
Consumed by the hustle and bustle of New York City, I needed a break, something to make me feel relaxed and pampered. I scheduled two signature spa treatments at the Valmont Spa for Plaza Athenee
- Plaza Athenee NYC Voted World’s Best Spa
- American Leisure’s Moroccan Hamman at the Setai Featured in Daily Candy
- Amanda Wells Gives Spa Tips on PopSugar Beauty
- American Leisure’s Valmont Spa at the Plaza Athenee NY Featured in Luxury Travel Review
- Marino: Likes iStar's Moves on Waterfront
- American Leisure Partners with iStar/Residential to Launch Beach Initiative in Asbury Park
- 'Summer Experience' May Bring Bath Houses, Changing Rooms to Asbury's Water Front
- Another Successful Launch by American Leisure
- What Recession? Broken Sound Unveils $13-Million Club Enhancement
- These Doctors Make Condo Calls
- American Leisure Recognized as Visionary Operator of Club 515, East 72nd St.
- Setai Spa Wall Street Chosen as One of the 5 Great Spas in the USA